Our Policies for Borrowing and Computer Use for Zelienople Are Public Library
Obtaining library card:
Library cards are free to all Butler County residents. You must show proof of address to get card. Acceptable proof includes: up-to-date P driver’s license, checkbook, rental agreement or utility bill. Patrons are asked to supply an identification number at registration.
For children under 18, parent must present proof of address and sign for the child.Ã‚ Children can get their own cards. There is no age minimum for card.
For those outside Butler County we offer two options:
If you have current library card from library in your home county, present the card and show us the blue ACCESS P sticker affixed to the back. We will then issue you card for free.
If you do not have home library card you may purchase one from us for $20.00.Ã‚ This card is good for one year and must be renewed, with the fee, after year. Such cards are kept on file here at the library.
Replacing lost card will cost $2.50. Worn cards will be replaced at no cost.
Our borrowing periods:
New Adult Fiction – 7 days
Periodicals – 7 days
Audiocassettes – 14 days
Vertical file – 7 days.
Video cassettes and DVDs – 3 days
Newspapers – 1 day
Overhead projector – 2 days
All other materials circulate for two weeks. Patrons can borrow up to 25 items per card.
Our fees are as follows:
Charges for checking out items:
50 cents or $1.00 for selected videos.
$2.50 replacement card.
$20.00 for non-resident card.
$2.00 handling for lost or damaged items plus cost.
Late Fees Are:
25 cents /day for all overdue books and audio tapes.
$1.00 day interlibrary loan overdues
$1.00/day all videos and A-V items.
$5.00/day on overdue typewriters.
Fines $5.00 and over result in suspension of borrowing.
Computer Usage Policy
Public Computer & Internet Usage Rules & Regulations
Revised & Adopted: 3/25/2009
- The computer is available for independent use by 7th grade students and older. Anyone under the age of 13 must have parent, guardian or tutor assist them. All users must sign Computer Agreement before they can use the computer. Anyone using the computer is expected to know the mechanics of word processing and Internet surfing. The Library Staff is not responsible for instruction and cannot function as technical support.
- This computer is not your home computer. Do not adjust the settings to your liking The computer is to be used for reference, word processing, and Internet access only. Users are responsible for damage to the equipment beyond what occurs with normal usage. Parents are responsible for any damage on the part of their children under the age of 18. Library privileges will be suspended for individuals who exhibit inappropriate behavior when using the computer or who damage the hardware, software, or CD-ROMs.
- Only software provided by the Library may be used on the PC. Patrons may not alter the Library’s computer hardware. Patrons may not install or load their own software application programs. Do not download to the hard drive. Dat saved on the hard drive will be deleted. All dat must be saved to disk or USB drive. Disks are available at the circulation desk for $1.00. The library does not house patron disks, CDs, or USB drives.
- Computer reservations may be made in one hour blocks of time. Walk-ins are allowed if computer is free and not reserved. The last appointment for the day is 90 minutes before closing.
- There is no charge for the use of the computer. However, there is charge of 10 cents per printed page. Only Library paper will be used in the library equipment, with the exception of resume quality paper. The .10 charge for copies still applies when using your own paper.
- Internet Policy the Library has no control of the Internet and its resources, and assumes no responsibility for the quality, accuracy, or currency of any Internet resource. The Internet may contain material of controversial or objectionable nature. Displaying this material to others may constitute an illegal act.
Parents must be responsible for their children for all Internet computer usage. The responsibility for decisions about appropriateness in usage rests with parents or legal guardians. Children under 18 years of age must obtain ON-SITE written approval from their parents to access the Internet.
Please phone or ask at the desk if you have any other questions regarding library policy. Our phone number is 724/452-9330.